Origin and Background
Once Heron Tennis Centre was opened in 2004, Terry Askey embarked on his ambition to provide a tennis facility that the local people and its visitors could enjoy.
A vital part of his plan was to put in place a coaching programme that provided high quality coaching for all ages and standards so that people could begin learning tennis, improve, compete and enhance their enjoyment of the game.
Ace provides the coaching services at Heron with it's dedicated and hugely experienced team of coaches, and the Ace Academy provides our performance programme.
Ace, and Heron as a whole, have been designed to be unlike other tennis facilities in Britain.
Whilst recognising the problems associated with many other tennis facilities and coaching programmes, we aspire to be friendly, welcoming to all, relaxed, professional, affordable, and provide quality coaching services and facilities.
In many ways, we have modelled ourselves on clubs and coaching programmes you can typically find in Europe, particularly in Germany and Sweden.
Research of successful coaching programmes in the likes of Germany and Sweden, combined with the extensive coaching and playing experience of Ace's coaching team, have led to the coaching services we provide.
We hope you enjoy your time with us and we thank you all for your support!
Ace Tennis Coaching & Academy and the Heron Tennis Centre
Ace Tennis Coaching
To provide a positive, happy, personable and quality coaching environment that people (juniors and adults alike) want to be a part of, and where friendships and a passion and love for the game are fostered.
We take pride in producing good people as well as good tennis players. We are proud of the players who we have helped nurture. Ace strives to instil virtues of respect, honesty and fairness, and foster personal relationships betwen coaches and players.
To provide a unique learning & training environment for talented, committed and aspiring players, that:
- considers the player's all-round development, both as a player and as a young person.
- instils self-discipline, honesty, respect, responsibility and loyalty.
- encourages academic achievement.
- offers personal player-coach relationships.
- avoids being excessively pressuring, spoiling, competitive and rigid.
- encourages players to think for themselves and take ownership of their own development as players
- help players fulfil their potential.
- is ambitious and eager for our players to do well, using Ace coach's collective playing and coaching experience to know how best to avoid failures that can lead to players "falling out of love with the game" and unhappy family relationships.
- is a positive, sensible, realistic & unique approach to helping aspiring players fulfil their potential.
- Next >>